AnimoGaming

csgoepoch
CSGOEpoch - EADDRINUSE error

So, I had recently posted a question about the No prices in cache error, but now that's fixed. On the german forums someone said that they had fixed EADDRINUSE but I can't fix that now. Maybe I need a VIP membership, I don't know. But if anyone knows how to fix it please reply to this forum post. Thanks! :)

EADDRINUSE error.png

8 answers to this question

You have to make sure the ports are the same for Client and Server. They have to communicate each other. To make this happen you have to select a port on bot.js and for the client js file.

For your script you have to open the site.js file:

var io = require('socket.io')(3000);

Try to change it to 8080 or 8000.

Remember: Don't place your bot folder into your www folder. It is a big security issue then, because I can open the file over the browser and read all of your mysql datas and stuff.

Also you have to change the port for the "client side" and make sure they have the same port to communicate with each other.

Go to the main.js file in the template/js folder.

var HOST = "ws.csgoepoch.com:3000";

Change this to your IP and the port you have picked in site.js - for example:

var HOST = "123.45.67.89:8080";

Then you should try to run the site by node the site.js

Additional note: you only need VIP if you want to access our scripts or if you want live support.

Posted (edited)

50 minutes ago, sash said:

You have to make sure the ports are the same for Client and Server. They have to communicate each other. To make this happen you have to select a port on bot.js and for the client js file.

For your script you have to open the site.js file:

var io = require('socket.io')(3000);

Try to change it to 8080 or 8000.

Remember: Don't place your bot folder into your www folder. It is a big security issue then, because I can open the file over the browser and read all of your mysql datas and stuff.

Also you have to change the port for the "client side" and make sure they have the same port to communicate with each other.

Go to the main.js file in the template/js folder.

var HOST = "ws.csgoepoch.com:3000";

Change this to your IP and the port you have picked in site.js - for example:

var HOST = "123.45.67.89:8080";

Then you should try to run the site by node the site.js

Additional note: you only need VIP if you want to access our scripts or if you want live support.

So, for "var HOST" would I put the server's IP or would I put the host name, because I don't have something like "ws.csgoepoch.com:300". I just have "CSGOUniverse" as the host on my cloud provider...

Also, with what you told me to do, same issue comes up, that's why I'm asking the question above.

Edited by AnimoGaming

You have an IP when you create your VPS on at least a domain. That's what you have to edit at the csgoepoch.com:3000 line.

21 minutes ago, sash said:

You have an IP when you create your VPS on at least a domain. That's what you have to edit at the csgoepoch.com:3000 line.

I put: the IP and the port 8000 at the end. and did the same for the bot.js file aswell, still not working.

1 hour ago, sash said:

Type in: killall node

And try again

I'll do all of this again, but I'm going to reinstall the whole thing from scratch. Maybe I did something wrong along the way. I appreciate all the support sash :)

Maybe you just have to pick another port. Can you send me an url of your project?

52 minutes ago, sash said:

Maybe you just have to pick another port. Can you send me an url of your project?

Oh mate, I already re-installed the server. I'll do everything again then I'll send it to you, don't worry.